1 Flower Crab
4 Straw Mushrooms
100g Napa Cabbage
1 tsp Goji / Wolfberries
300ml Swanson Clear Chicken Broth
2 tbsp Emborg Cooking Cream
1 tsp Minced Ginger
2 tsp Chinese Cooking Wine / Shaoxing Hua Diao Wine ( 紹興花雕酒 )
Dash of pepper
- Soak goji berries till soft.
- Cut straw mushrooms into halves.
- When choosing crab, get one with roes for tastier soup base.
- Wash crab thoroughly. Loosen shell by lifting it, then turning crab over to remove shell by peeling it apart from body. Dispose gills from body. Remove crab legs by twisting and pulling them off, or you can simply cut the body into sections.
- Using a crab piler, crack the crab claws and legs.
- Heat water in claypot and add broth. Rinse cabbage and chop off the end. Cut into equal slices and add into claypot together with ginger. Simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Throw in crabs and mushrooms. Simmer for about 5 mins. *Over-cooking will turn meat tough.
- Add cooking cream or milk.
- Throw in tofu and goji berries next.
- Turn off fire when soup is boiling, and add Chinese wine and pepper. Stir well serve your piping hot Fragrant Claypot Flower Crab Cabbage Soup ( 浓香砂煲花蟹汤 )!
Like what you see? Get Beauty, Dining, Recipes, Travel, Health and Wellness reviews right into your mailbox! Subscribe to Luxury Haven by Email