3 cups Rice
800g Dried Shrimps ( Hebe )
1 dozen Chinese Mushrooms
1 – 2 Chinese Sausage
50g Foie Gras
2 tbsp Minced Garlic
2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Dash of Chinese Cooking Wine / Shaoxing Hua Diao Wine ( 紹興花雕酒 )
Seasonings for Rice:
2 tsp Salt accordingly to personal preference
1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- Soak hebe and mushrooms in water till soft. Cut off mushroom stalks and dice. Marinade with oyster sauce and wine for about 10 mins.
- Dice the foie gras and set aside.
- Scrap off seeds from pumpkin and remove skin. Rinse and cut into cubes.
- Remove skin from Chinese sausage and dice.
- Heat oil. Stir-fry hebe till fragrant. Add mushrooms and garlic, and fry for another minute. Set aside.
- Prepare rice for cooking. Add water, rice, pumpkin and seasonings into rice cooker and mix well.
- Stir in hebe and mushrooms. Turn on the rice cooker.
- When rice is almost cooked, throw in Chinese sausage and gently fluff the rice. Cover and let it continue cooking. When rice is ready, transfer them onto serving plates etc. Top with goose liver, and serve your Aromatic Pumpkin Rice with Foie Gras in Golden Ingots ( 珠光寳氣鵝肝金瓜飯 ) hot!