What Is Kaiseki?
Kaiseki is a type of art form that balances the seasonal sense, combination of “ fruit of mountain and sea ”, colours of food, three-dimensional effect, harmony with serving wares and timing to serve hot dishes, which renders the hospitable mind of Japanese.
During my recent stay at Keio Plaza Hotel, a birthday dinner presenting their Kaiseki Hisago Course ( お祝い懐石 ひさご ) at ¥16,000/pax was arranged for me and my family. * Approx: USD 140/pax. Check out the exquisite dishes prepared in our Celebration Menu:
Black Soy Beans ( 黒豆松葉 ), Squid with Roe ( 子持烏賊 ),
Salmon Rolled with Kombu ( 紅鮭昆布巻き ), Boiled Shrimp ( 才巻き海老 )
( 鯛葛打ち清仕立て 桃色道明寺 葛水晶、茸、木の芽 )
Steamed Egg Custard with Shark’s Fin ( 鱶鰭玉地蒸し彩り、野菜餡 )
Grilled Sea Bream ( 小鯛御頭焼き ), Wagyu Beef with Japanese Basil ( 黒毛和牛紫蘇焼き ),
Steamed Egg ( 錦玉子 ), Ginger ( 紅白はじかみ )
Lily Bulb ( 百合根饅頭 ), Sea Urchin ( 蒸し雲丹 ), Wheat Gluten ( 紅白結び麩 )
Daikon Radish and Carrot Marinated in Vinegar ( 紅白祝い膾 ),
Salmon Roe ( いくら ), Gold Flakes ( 金箔 )
Soujuan ( Kaiseki Cuisine ), 懐石 ＜ 蒼樹庵 ＞. Meticulously landscaped featuring stone paths with an air of Zen, the walkway gradually reveals the space of the restaurant with more intimate rooms reserved for private diners.
- Keio Plaza Hotel ( 京王プラザホテル ), Tokyo’s First Skyscraper Hotel!
- Duo Fourchettes French and Italian Restaurant
- Teppan-yaki Yamanami Premium Kobe Beef ( 鉄板焼やまなみ )
- Sky Bar Polestar's Hello Kitty Cocktails
Like what you see? Get Beauty, Dining, Recipes, Travel, Health and Wellness reviews right into your mailbox! Subscribe to Luxury Haven by Email and you will never miss a post again!
Soujuan ( Kaiseki Cuisine ), 懐石 ＜ 蒼樹庵 ＞
Keio Plaza Hotel
Main Tower 2F
Tel:+81-3 3344 0111
* This is a sponsored post by Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo. The author only recommends products or services she uses personally which she believes to be beneficial for her readers. Views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely by the author.