Well, what I did was I fried these Preserved Olives in Black Beans till crispy to go with my bitter gourd dish and they are a perfect combination! If you don’t take pork, simply replace it with Minced Chicken and they taste just as good! Let’s put on your apron and come with me into the kitchen!
1 Bitter Gourd
500g Minced Pork
2 tbsp Preserved Olive Vegetable with Mushrooms
1 tsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Sesame Oil
½ tsp Black Bean Paste
½ tsp Fermented Black Beans
½ cup Water
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Cornstarch
Cooking Oil for frying Preserved Olives
Marinade for Pork:
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
Pinch of Brown Bean Paste
1 tsp Corn Flour
Dash of Pepper
- Prepare bitter gourd, slice thinly and soak in salt water to reduce bitterness.
- Marinate pork for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil and fry preserved olives till crispy. Drain and set aside. Dispose oil and clean wok if needed.
- Heat oil and sauté garlic till fragrant. Stir fry pork till half cooked.
- Throw in bitter gourd and black bean paste. Add water and stir fry on high heat.
- Add sesame oil, fermented black beans and mix evenly. Add cornstarch to thicken sauce.
- Top with Crispy Preserved Olives, and serve your Fragrant Bitter Gourd with Minced Pork in Black Bean Sauce ( 苦瓜炒肉碎豆䜴 )!