For those who are into Chinese tonics, Cordyceps ( 冬虫草) are known to be an extremely expensive herb due to their TCM properties to help replenish one’s energy, improve respiratory health and stamina, as well as fortify the body’s immune system.
15g Cordyceps Militaris ( 蟲草花 )
10g Wolfberries / Goji ( 枸杞子 )
15g Conpoy / Dried Scallops ( 瑶柱 /干貝 )
1.5 litre Water
1 – 2 tsp Salt
Pepper to taste
- Soak conpoy and cordyceps militaris till soft.
- Prepare chicken by removing the skin and fats for a healthier version. Blanch with water.
- Put chicken and the rest of the ingredients into slow cooker except wolfberries. Add boiling water and put cooker on high heat for about 2 hours.
- Rinse and soak wolfberries for couple of minutes. Drain and add to soup just about 10 minutes before serving soup. Wolfberries do not require long cooking time.
- Add salt and pepper and serve your Healthy Slow-Cooked Cordyceps Militaris Chicken Soup ( 蟲草花鸡汤 ) piping hot!
The Good Trio ( 三人行 ) serves really good food, and another dish you can try there is their Caramelized Yam Sticks ( 拔丝芋头 ). But if you wanna attempt making your own, hop over to my Yummy Crystallized Yam Sticks with Sesame Seeds ( 麦芽糖拔丝芋头 ) and get cooking!
Like what you see? Get Beauty, Dining, Recipes, Travel, Health and Wellness reviews, plus Attractive Giveaways right into your mailbox! Subscribe to Luxury Haven by Email and you will never miss a post again!