1 large Dried Fish Maw
1 dozen Medium Prawns
50g Button Mushrooms
1 sprig Spring Onion ( cut )
1 Red Chilli ( shredded )
2 tsp Minced Ginger
1 tsp Minced Garlic
1 cup Chicken Stock
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine / Shaoxing Hua Tiao Wine ( 紹興花雕酒 )
2 tbsp Cornstarch
1 tsp Sesame Oil
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Cooking Oil
Marinade for Prawns:
½ tsp Corn Flour or ½ Egg-white
Pinch of Salt and Sugar
- Cut button mushrooms into slices and set aside.
- Soak fish maw in hot water till soft. Squeeze out excess water and cut into thick rings. Soak in hot water again. Repeat this 2 - 3 times to get rid of oil and any odour.
- Clean prawns and devein. Keep shells and heads for other cooking purposes. Marinate prawns for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and saute garlic till fragrant. Stir fry prawns till half cooked.
- Add fish maw, mushrooms, ginger, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and mix well.
- Add chicken stock, cover and simmer for about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add chilli, spring onion, cornstarch, and stir thoroughly.
- Add wine and serve your delicious Teochew Stir-Fried Fish Maw with Prawns ( 潮州鱼鳔炒鲜虾 ).
- Stone Pot Fish Maw Soup with Snow Fungus, Full Of Collagen!
- Chinese New Year Fortune Fish Maw Recipe ( 发财鱼鳔 )