1 thick slice of Winter Melon
7 Baby Abalones
100g Fish Paste
200g Enoki Mushrooms
40g Conpoy / Dried Scallops
1 tsp Wolfberries / Goji
¼ cup Chicken Broth
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil / Cooking Oil
1 tsp Chinese Cooking Wine / Shaoxing Hua Diao Wine ( 紹興花雕酒 )
2 tsp Cornstarch
Abalone sauce from canned abalone
- Chop off the ends of the enoki mushrooms and rinse thoroughly. Soak conpoy and wolfberries till soft. Shred conpoy.
- Cut winter melon into squares. Using a melon baller, make a dent in the melon enough to fill in fish paste.
- Don't throw away the excess melons after cutting the cubes. Use them to make a delicious soup!
- Fill the melon cubes with fish paste. The purpose of this is to hold the abalones in place.
- Place abalones on melons. Cover loosely with cling wrap and steam melon till soft, either using microwave mode or traditional method. About 5 minutes.
- Heat oil and saute garlic till fragrant. Add conpoy, abalone sauce, chicken broth, excess juice from steamed melons, and simmer for about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add enoki and goji. Continue to simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch and add wine. Your Enticing Steamed Baby Abalones on Winter Melon with Conpoy and Enoki ( 瑶柱金菇白玉鲜鲍 ) is ready for the Emperor!
Like what you see? Get Recipes, Beauty, Dining, Health and Wellness reviews, plus Attractive Giveaways right into your mailbox! Subscribe to Luxury Haven by Email and you will never miss a post again! * Don't forget to click on the auto-generated email sent to activate the subscription! If you don't get it, check your spam box; it have may been filtered there. See you soon! xoxo