Adorable Steamed Prawn Paste Golden Carps with Tobiko some time back. They are so cute, aren't they?
I had a nasty fall and injured my hands and legs just couple of days before a family event which I was supposed to cook. Hence, I could only make do with a simple 4-course dinner to celebrate Father's Day and my Mom's 87th Birthday. I did some short cuts to reduce my workload cause I am having difficulty standing for too long in the kitchen even now.
Crayfish Seafood Platter with Chilli Crab Sauce, Steamed Winter Melon with Baby Abalones, Conpoy and Enoki. I also made my 2nd attempt in the 3D Jelly Art.
300g Medium Prawns ( about 15 )
150g Fish Paste
200g Iceberg Lettuce
2 tbsp Tobiko
½ Small Egg-White
1 litre Heinz Chicken Broth
½ tsp Minced Ginger
¼ tsp Salt
Pinch of Pepper
- Wash iceberg lettuce and shred. Set aside.
- Prepare prawns and chop them up finely or use the blender to mince it. Do the same for fish or buy readymade ones.
- Mix the seafood with egg-white, ginger and seasonings. Mix well.
- Add tobiko and mix them up gently, taking care not to rupture the roes.
- Roll the seafood paste into balls. You can make these in advance and refrigerate them.
- Heat chicken broth and water. Add prawn balls when boiling.
- Prawn balls are ready when they began to float. Add lettuce at this point and continue to simmer for another few minutes to ensure the insides of the prawn balls are cooked. * Noticed the soup has winter melons in them? Well, I dumped the access melons from making the abalone dish into it to ensure there is no wastage so it is optional!
- Serve your Juicy Tobiko Prawn Ball Soup with Iceberg Lettuce ( 飛魚子蝦球汤 ) piping hot!