1 dozen Large Prawns
1 tbsp Long Jin Tea Leaves
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Egg-white
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1 tsp Chinese Cooking Wine / Shaoxing Hua Diao Wine ( 紹興花雕酒 )
½ tsp of Minced Ginger
1 cup Hot Water
Pinch of Salt
- Clean prawns and remove the heads and shells leaving the tail. Keep the prawn heads for other uses, like to make a prawn stock.
- Devein and butterfly prawns, then make a small slit under the prawns. Insert the tail end through the hole and pull it half-way through to get a pretty pattern.
- Marinate prawns with egg-white, salt, ginger, wine and cornstarch for about 15 minutes.
- Brew a small pot of Long Jing Tea for about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil and sauteed prawns till half cooked. Add about 4-5 tbsp tea with leaves, mix well and transfer to plate when prawns turned pink. Enjoy the delicate fragrance of this Aromatic Long Jin Prawns ( 茶香龙井虾仁 )!