PurelyFresh Online Grocery Store. You don't have to add the entire corn if you have a small papaya or it will be overpowering. With Corn added, the soup is packed with vitamins as it also has anti-oxidant benefits that helps protect our body from cancer and heart disease.
Thermos Shuttle Chef® ( 膳魔師真空燜燒鍋 ). Do you own one too?
( Serves 3 - 5 )
300g Pork Soup Bone ( 汤骨 )
1 Papaya ( 木瓜 )
½ Sweet Corn ( 玉米 )
3 litres Water
2 tbsp Salt
1 tsp Sesame Oil (optional)
Dash of Pepper
- Rinse pork bones and blanch them in Thermos® inner pot to get rid of smell and any residue. Drain and add water to bring pork to boil. Lower fire, cover pot leaving a gap and simmer for about 15 minutes after that.
- Clean corn and papaya, and cut them according to image shown. If cutting corn is too tough for you, ask the man of the house to do the job! I always find it too hard to cut the corn. Lol!
- Add corn to soup, and continue to simmer for another 10 mins.
- Transfer the inner pot to outer pot, and let it cook by itself for about 1 - 2 hours.
- Add papaya just before serving and bring inner pot to boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes and you are ready to serve your Healthy Papaya Pork Rib Soup ( 木瓜排骨湯 ).
- * If you do not have Thermos Shuttle Chef®, follow the steps but add another 10 minutes each to your cooking. If time permits, you may like to boil your pork broth for a longer time for more flavour.
Golden Bird's Nest in Hawaiian Papaya ( 金玉燕窩满堂 ) is just perfect for the festive occasion!
* This is a sponsored post by PurelyFresh. The author only recommends products or services she uses personally which she believes to be beneficial for her readers. Views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely by the author.