Besides planning the menu, I am always thinking of ways to present the dishes too. Of late, many restaurants have come up with an innovative way of cutting vegetables, turning them into pretty flowers. The good news is, they are not difficult to make at all.
Fortune Baby Abalone from PurelyFresh, turning the simple dish into a classy one. There is not much cooking involved so anyone can learn to make this mouth-watering Chinese New Year Fortune Baby Abalone with Bok Choy dish ( 财神鲍鱼炒小白菜 )!
1 canned Baby Abalone
200g Xiao Bai Cai / Bok Choy
½ tsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Grated Ginger
1 tsp Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine / Shaoxing Hua Tiao Wine ( 紹興花雕酒 )
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil / Cooking Oil
- Slice off the tip of the vegetable stems. Separate leaves from the stems by cutting about ¼ from the stems as shown above. Cut leaves into equal parts.
- Rinse vegetables thoroughly and blanch stems in boiling water. Drain well, and transfer to serving plate.
- Heat oil and sautéed garlic till fragrant. Add vegetable leaves, ginger, and empty the entire can of abalone into wok. (If you prefer less sauce, just pour half the liquid and keep the rest in an air-tight container for your next cooking session). Mix well and add seasonings. Let it simmer for couple of minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch and serve your delicious Chinese New Year Baby Abalone with Bok Choy!
* This is a sponsored post by #PurelyFresh. The author only recommends products or services she uses personally which she believes to be beneficial for her readers. Views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely by the author.