My love affair with Ferragamo shoes started way back twenty over years ago, and I got hooked on their Vara Pump Ballerinas. Guess I just fell in love with the girlish Vara bow, and started snapping up matching handbags, belts and hair accessories to match my ballerinas.
Check out some of my Ferragamo Collection from the oldest pair at just $300 escalating to $700 over the years and still counting, although I cannot recall some of the prices except for those that come with price tags:
Shop Till You Drop At Dongdaemun (东大门), Korea!
While I was taking out my shoes to clean, I was shocked to find the colours of above two Ferragamo shoes faded! The Floria sandals was supposed to be lavender, and the Carolyn Slingbacks was pink before. Now both the colours have turned pale! So painful!
Although I do care for my shoes from time to time, like taking them out to air and applying leather conditioner etc, I still encounter some of these unpleasant discoveries due to the humid weather in Singapore.
Do you care for your shoes too? Well, Here are few Golden Rules For Shoe Care from Ferragamo:
- A new pair of shoes should never be worn for many consecutive hours. once your feet are completely accustomed to the shoes, you can begin to wear them all day.
- Never wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row. let them rest for at least a day before wearing them again.
- Shoetrees should also be used when shoes are wet from rain or snow: left to dry for an entire day.
- Each time you wear a pair of shoes they should be cleaned and polished.
- When you don't wear your shoes, wax and put them in a drawstring, and keep down in a box.