Tasty Steamed Teochew Pomfret In Foil ( 清蒸斗鲳 ).
Golden Pomfret actually. Nonetheless, the results turned out satisfactory. Here's our meal:
- Steamed Golden Pomfret ( 清蒸金鲳 )
- Cabbage Soup with Jin Hua Ham ( 金華火腿白菜汤 )
- Crispy Prawn Paste Chicken Wings ( 脆皮虾酱鸡翅 )
- Deep-Fried Eggplant with Pork Floss ( 肉松茄子 )
- Winter Melon Soup ( 冬瓜汤 )
- Award-winning Bittergourd Chicken ( 苦瓜炒鸡 )
- Thai-Style Deep-Fried Golden Pomfret ( 泰式香脆金鲳 )
1 medium-sized or large Pomfret
½ tsp of Salt
1 tsp Corn Flour
Pinch of Pepper
Thai chilli sauce for serving
Oil for deep-frying
- Remove entrails if it is not done by your supplier, and clean the Pomfret. Pat dry, and butterfly fish from top down.
- Marinate fish for about 30 minutes, then rub egg-white on it. Coat with flour after that.
- Heat oil. Use a pair of chopsticks to check if oil is hot enough. When there are bubbles around the chopsticks, the oil is at the right temperature. Lower the fish, butterfly-side down. Deep fry till golden-brown so that it will open up nicely before laying the entire fish down in oil. Deep fry fish till crispy.
- Serve your Thai-Style Deep-Fried Golden Pomfret immediately with a sweet chilli sauce.
Read more about my 1st shopping experience at PurelyFresh, Singapore Online Grocery Shopping Review!
* This is a sponsored post by PurelyFresh. The author only recommends products or services she uses personally which she believes to be beneficial for her readers. Views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely by the author.