Stir-fry Crunchy Chinese Kale is another kind best eaten for the stems.
300g Kale / Kailan
2 tbsp Dried Shrimps
6 cloves of Garlic
1 tbsp minced Ginger
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1 tsp Fish sauce
2 tsp Chinese Cooking Wine
3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Separate kailan leaves from stems. Soak leaves in water to get rid of dirt. Drain and set aside.
- Remove " skin " from stems (optional) and dispose the ends. Rinse and cut into equal lengths.
- Peel garlic and rinse.
- Soak hebe in water till soft and drain. Heat oil and fry hebe till crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Sauteed garlic till fragrant and throw in the kale stems. Add ginger, oyster sauce and mix well.
- Add leaves, shrimps, fish sauce, sesame oil and stir fry.
- Lastly, add cornstarch and wine and mix well, and you're ready to serve your crunchy Chinese Stir-fry Kale with Oyster Sauce and Dried Shrimps!