- Celery Pork Ribs Soup
- Chinese Sausage Fried Egg
- Crunchy Chinese-style Stir-fry Vegetables with Seafood
1 medium Chicken
25g Black fungus
7 seedless Red Dates
2 big slices of Dang Gui
2 tsp Wolfberries
25g Ginger (shredded) Amount according to preference
¼ cup Water
Marinade for Chicken:
3 tbsp Oyster sauce
2 tsp Soya sauce
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cornflour
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
Pinch of Pepper
- Soak the dang gui, fungus and dates till soft. Drain. Cut dang gui into slices and remove roots from fungus. Set aside.
- Cut up chicken and remove unwanted parts, skin and fats. Marinate for at least an hour.
- Lay fungus, some ginger and herbs on steaming dish and top with chicken. I like to put the fungus at the bottom so that the juices from the chicken will flow down to the fungus making them more flavourful.
- Lastly, put the rest of the ginger and herbs on the chicken. Add water and give it a gentle stir.
- Steam chicken for about 20 mins. I use my microwave to steam, so I put a clingwrap to cover the chicken and put on auto steam. To check if chicken is cook, the toothpick will penetrate into the meat easily without any resistance. Mix well and serve hot! Drizzle more wine if you like!
LiveWell Magazine along with 3 other of my recipes! Check them out now and get cooking!
* Point to note: Dang gui should not be consumed by pregnant women, as it may increase the risk of miscarriage. As with other forms of TCM, it's always best to consult your doctor prior to taking any herbal regimen.