You must have known by now that my family is a huge fan of caviar with the handful of these black gems recipes in my blog. Mother's Day is fast approaching, so I started cracking my head thinking of what to make for my mom in advance.
100g Smoked Salmon
5 Hardboiled Eggs
12 Digestive biscuits
5 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 small Onion (chopped)
1 sprig Spring onions (chopped)
1 tbsp Butter
Dill and Gold "Ornaments" for decor
(7" tart tray)
- Using a roller pin, smashed the biscuits in a sealed plastic bag.
- Mix butter with biscuit crumbs.
- Grease tray with butter and lined with biscuits to form the tart base. Pressed it down firmly with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Mash the eggs and mix with onion and mayo.
- Fill the base of the tart with egg mixture.
- Remove tart from tray and put on a cake board. Start decorating your tart with caviar using moulds.
- Roll the smoked salmon and add onto tart. Garnish with dill.
- Sprinkle spring onions on the tart, embellish with the gold ornaments and you'll get a beautiful Savory Smoked Salmon Caviar Tart for Mother's Day!
- Refrigerate your tart and cut them up just before serving.
- Tips: To preserve the freshness of the caviar tart, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate in between your decoration if you're taking too long.