- Promotes balance
- Strengthens muscles and bones
- Helps liver function and digestion
- Improves immunity
- Manages cholesterol and blood sugar regulation
To make the soup even healthier, I've a habit of removing the chicken skin whenever I use it for cooking soups. If you're using small to medium chicken for this recipe, drop in 1 cactus (about 500g). I'm using a large chicken here, so I threw in both the cactus. Come, let's begin!
500g - 700g fresh edible Cactus
2 - 3 Honey dates (蜜枣)
2 - 3 litres of Water (adjust the amount according to how rich you want the soup to be)
1 tsp Salt
- Use a scrub and gently clean the cactus. Dispose the ends, and then cut into pieces.
- Cut off chicken head, backside, and nails.
- Remove skin and fats from chicken. Rinse and blanch chicken with hot water.
(For slow cooker)
- Bring water to boil in cooker with the honey dates. Set on high heat to boil.
- Add chicken and cactus. Put cooker to auto once it starts to boil. If you're cooking in the morning, your delicious soup will be ready in time for your dinner! Add salt and serve piping hot!
(For stove cooking)
Instructions on cactus packing.....
- Put honey dates into pot and bring water to boil.
- Add cactus and chicken to cook for 1 hr 30 mins.
- Add salt to taste and cook for another 10 - 15 mins.