1 kg Carrot Cake
10 medium to large Prawns
2 beaten Eggs
1 tbsp Chye Poh (Preserved Radish)
2 tsp Hebe Hiam (Dried Shrimp Floss)
2 sprigs Spring Onion (chopped)
½ minced Garlic
4 tsp Olive oil
Pepper to taste
- Cut carrot cake according to size preference. I prefer a crispier version, so I cut them into finer pieces. What do you think of my new #HelloKitty cutting board?
- Heat 1 tsp of oil, and sautéed garlic till fragrant. Add prawns and fry till half-cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Heat another tsp of oil, and pour in half portion of carrot cake. Close lid and cook on med-high fire for about 2 mins. *I wanted a thin and crispy texture, so I divided it into 2 batches.
- Flip over HCP. Open lid, and mash the carrot cake leaving some bite-size pieces. It's more flavourful this way instead of having thick cubes. Close lid and cook for another 2 mins.
- Turn over pan. Open lid, and add chye poh and hebe hiam. Mix well and flatten it.
- Ad half of the prawns. Whisk eggs and pour half in. Add more oil to achieve a crispier texture.
- Close lid and flip the pan over. Leave for a minute, and dish out your 1st batch of Happy Call Pan Succulent Prawns Carrot Cake!