My son’s girlfriend came over for dinner and she’s a small eater like me. So I made two gratins using the bigger oblong tin foils for my hubby and son, and the two ladies using small round foils. It’s so convenient, and no wastage!
Pairing my Macaroni Gratin with Sunflower Desserts!
Featured at Foodwhirl(Serves 4)
250g Elbow Pasta or Macaroni
300g Cream sauce ( carbonara or alfredo )
10 medium Shrimps
3 big Shitake mushrooms
3 slices of Ham
1 cup Water (adjust accordingly to preference)
Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese for topping
1 tsp Olive oil for greasing
- Cut off base of broccoli stem. Cut broccoli into florets. Remove skin from stem using a peeler and dice it. Wash broccoli thoroughly.
- Blanch broccoli and butter them.
- Rinse and dice mushrooms and ham. Add into sauce and mix well.
- Remove shells from shrimps and devein. Dice and set aside.
- Preheat oven at 250°C. Cook pasta accordingly to instructions. Drain.
- Grease tin foils. Put pastas into foils and distribute sauce mixture evenly. Stir well.
- From Step 1 until the above, you can actually prepare ahead of time and refrigerate them with covers if you’ve guests coming over. Then follow by the rest of the steps below.
- Mix shrimps and broccoli stems evenly.
- Place broccoli florets, and top with cheese.
- Bake the gratin at 250°C till golden brown. My oven took about 7 mins to brown. Look at how cheesy it turned out! Crispy on the outside and creamy inside. Enjoy your Cheesy Ham and Shrimp Macaroni Au Gratin!
If you prefer rice to pasta, try this Baked Rice for Christmas using left-over rice!
Peachy Oreo Chocolate Crumbles! I’ve done many variations and played around with custard and Bulla cream. So have fun!