Making the paste & filling the ingredients one by one may be time consuming, & not many have the patience nor time to do that. #YongTauFoo are easily available in the markets & even supermarkets these days. All you need to do is to pop them into soups or simply fry them if you prefer.
Meatball in Dual Marrow Soup.
10 pcs Yong Tau Foo
½ tsp Black bean paste
1 tsp Brown bean paste
1 tsp Shrimp floss
1 tsp Sesame oil
1 tsp Cornstarch
½ cup Water
- Cut broccoli flowers & rinse thoroughly.
- Pan-fry the yong tau foo & set aside.
- Mix the two bean paste, shrimp floss & sesame oil with water in a claypot.
- Heat the claypot mixture. Try the taste & adjust accordingly to personal preference. Add broccoli when boiling. Remove immediately when vegetables turn bright green, & stir in cornstarch.
- Add yong tau foo & mix well. Let it simmer for a minute & put the broccoli back into the claypot. Stir & serve your Claypot Yong Tau Foo piping hot!