I'm sure you're all eager to find out what are the costs involved in engaging a reputable professional painter like Nippon Paint, leaving your home completely in safe hands.
My Home Area: 1,119 sq ft
Well, if the price tag is too heavy for your pocket, try to DIY & create your own masterpieces within your home! This Nippon Paint home make-over was an eye-opening experience for me. Since there was a need for me to document the entire process for my writing, I also got to learn a lot from it. Hence, I’m sharing some of my observations here should you need to #DIY.
- Discuss the colour scheme with your family. Decide if you wanna stay conservative, or break the rules to go adventurous! You can check out the colour palette at the paint shops to help you plan better.
- Next, choose the type of paints. One of Nippon Paint's most premium interior emulsion paint is the #Odourless Premium All-in-1, which has properties such as washability, coverage of hairline cracks & anti-bacterial properties. But if you're like me who prefer a paint for ultimate washability & resistance to common household stains, then pick something like the Nippon Paint #EasyWash with Teflon™.
- Once you're ready to go ahead, cover & protect your furnishings before painting. Do not use bedsheets as paint will seep through. Instead, use clear plastic sheets; the transparency will also help you locate your stuff when necessary.
- Don’t forget to protect the light switches or electrical sockets with masking tape to prevent staining from paint.
- Mask along the edges of door frames & skirting for easy painting too.
- Fix any wall defects before painting to achieve the best results.
- Always start with the ceiling first, so that splashes from the ceiling will not ruin other painted areas. Use a roller to paint the walls for better finish & it’s also quicker.
- Paint the difficult areas such as edges & corners first with the use of a brush.
- Apply Anti-Fungus Solution to the walls to tackle mildew problem if necessary.
- Apply wall sealer. Nippon 5101 Odour-less Wall Sealer helps resist alkali attack, & provides good hiding coat for emulsion finishing.
- Following that, apply 2 coats of paint & allow drying time in between.
- Wash all equipment immediately after completion. For emulsion paint, use water. For oil-based paint, use turpentine or thinner.
Watch the above video is you're using Nippon Momento™ Special Effects Paint.
While home owners who are adventurous to DIY can create their walls with Nippon Momento #SpecialEffectsPaint, it's not easy to achieve a consistent look. Nippon Paint panel of painters are all highly trained & certified.
Well, I hope you’ve benefitted from my observations throughout the entire painting process. #NipponPaint has lots of DIY tutorials, so make sure you study them well before you attempt your painting.
Nippon Paint Professional Service With A Difference! that comes with a 1-year warranty upon painting completion! Nippon Paint is having a promotion right now, where you can enjoy up to SGD 300 savings when you engage their painting services!
Wanna take a glimpse into one of Singapore’s top bloggers XiaXue’s home, or our TV Personality/Blogger Nura J? Head over to see what the 3 of us & others gotta say about Nippon Paint’s professional painting services at their Testimonials Page!