1方 : 早上冲泡菊花, 姜小片, 冰糖. 冲泡15分钟就可喝。
2方: 下午煮喝薏米水(中国薏米 有黑线的 )加2姜片,冰糖 共煮40分钟以上。
功能: 健脾,清热,利尿, 让身体从小便排出有害物。
The above was the msg I received from Kat, who had kindly shared the recipe with her friends. According to the doctor’s recommendation, we’re supposed to drink the #ChrysanthemumTea in the morning, & #Barley in the afternoon. The recipe specifically called for not just any barley, but #ChinesePearlBarley.
Handful of Chrysanthemum
3-5 pieces of Rock Sugar (adjust sweetness according to preference)
1 slice Ginger
- Lightly smash ginger & add to cup together with Chrysanthemum & rock sugar.
- Pour hot water & drain off the first round of water (optional). I like to do this cause you won’t know how clean these things are.
- Brew for about 15 mins before drinking.
- You may filter the leaves off, but I prefer to keep them in the cup to top up the hot water for a second round.
½ cup Barley
2 slices Ginger
¼ cup of Rock Sugar (adjust sweetness according to preference, I’m using the smaller cube ones)
2.5 litres of Water
- Rinse barley with water & drain.
- Fill pot with water & add rock sugar & ginger. Instructions call to boil for about 40 mins, but barley was still hard. It took over an hour before the grains turned soft.
- My family prefer to have our barley cold. So when it’s cooled, I like to transfer it to a container & put it into the fridge & simply pour into glasses whenever needed.