Followers of Luxury Haven are probably aware that I love cooking with Chinese herbs. I’ve mentioned in my previous posts that Snow Fungus (雪耳) are known to lubricate our lungs, produce & nourish fluids. Traditionally, Snow Fungus has been classified as one of the precious emperor dishes.
500g Spare Pork Ribs
2 Snow Pears 雪梨 (2 slices for each guest)
3 big pieces of Snow Fungus
2 tsp Almonds
10 pitted Red Dates
2 litres of Water
2 tsp Salt
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water. Drain & change water. Add pork again when water is boiling. Simmer for about an hour.
- Soak fungus in water till soft. Remove “stem” & cut into smaller pieces.
- Add into soup together with dates & almond.
- Remove pear skin & slice into 10 pieces, about 2 for each guest.
- Add sliced pears into soup & simmer for another 20 mins.
- Add salt & serve your delicious Paradise Pear Soup With Snow Fungus (乐天银耳雪梨汤) piping hot!
Check out other recipes: