CNY Lo Hei: Auspicious Salmon Yu Sheng (发财鱼生), I’d touched on the topic of Yu Sheng. This post is one of Luxury Haven’s popular posts, so click on the link if you’d like to understand more about this Prosperity Toss.
1 can of Australian Abalone
½ Japanese Daikon (Radish)
2 strips of Zucchini
1 tbsp Jellyfish
½ tbsp Green Pickled Nutmeg
1 tbsp Red Pickled Ginger
2 tbsp Grounded Peanuts
Toasted Sesame Seeds to sprinkle
3 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Japanese Goma Sauce
1 tbsp Plum Sauce
- Peel and wash carrots and radish. Shred carrots and do the same for radish.
- Line cake base with zucchini on both sides to define the shape of a fan. Start off with putting nutmeg at the botton of the fan. I’ve used red capsicum to cut out the shape of a flower to cover the ends of the zucchini. It’s really up to you which ingredient you want to start with. If you prefer less ginger, than begin with it first as the space at the bottom is smaller.
- Add peanuts next.
- Slice abalone and arrange the top of the fan neatly to form the shape first.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Use nutmeg to form a string at the end of the fan and add jellyfish.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and mix those seasoning during your prosperity toss! Huat Ah!! Happy CNY, everyone!!