Oceana Seafood, with sizes as big as my dinner plate!
These came just in time for Valentine’s Day, which I’d prepared these succulent & delish Baked Cheesy Jumbo River Prawns to #cookforfamily, simply pairing them with some gourmet Walnut Cheese & Mango! I’d wanted to bake 3 of these giants for each of my guests initially but due to their monstrous sizes, I decided to cut down to 2 each; keeping the rest for perhaps a steamboat session sometime soon.
6 Jumbo River Prawns
3 tbsp minced Garlic
2 tbsp salted Butter (for prawns)
1 tbsp Butter (for garlic)
Mozzarella & Parmesan Cheese for toppings.
- Preheat oven at 200°C.
- Clean prawns thoroughly. Trim "whiskers" & cut away the claws. Slit open the prawns from the front & devein. Remove any dirt from the head.
- Smash the claws & remove some of the shells. Set aside for other purposes.
- Sautéed garlic till fragrant but not brown. This step is optional. You can skip it & leave it to the baking step, but I prefer my garlic to be nice & crisp.
- Massage prawns with butter & place on baking trays. Look at the amount of roes on the heads!
- Add garlic, then mozzarella cheese. Use toothpicks to keep the prawns open.
- Top with parmesan cheese & bake for 10 mins or till brown.
- Remove toothpicks before serving & pair these Baked Cheesy Jumbo River Prawns with your favourite sides!
Oceana Seafood for this Part I on the eve of Valentine’s Day, & I was off to celebrate my Part II the next evening!