Orange Blossoms Shredded Pork With Capsicums (花开富贵肉丝) recipe
It was a pity that due to some unforeseen circumstances, she couldn’t join us at the last minute. Nevertheless, let’s all go "Hahaha!" with this refreshing sweet and sour appetizer!
12 medium Prawns
2 Hard-boiled Eggs
1 Green Apple
½ Mango (not too ripe so it’s sourish)
1 slice of Watermelon
4 tbsp Salad cream/Mayonnaise (depending on preference)
12 Inari Age (Japanese Beancurd Skin)
- Mash eggs and mix with salad cream or mayonnaise. If you prefer a sweeter taste, go with salad cream. I like mine with mayo.
- Clean and devein prawns; separate the heads. Blanch prawns and heads.
- Drain and transfer to ice water to prevent them from over-cooking. Dice prawns and set aside.
- Remove apple and mango skin and dice fruits into small cubes. Soak apple in salt water, lemon juice or cider vinegar to prevent it from browning. I usually use the traditional method of soaking in salt water handed down by my mom. Add them into egg mixture, together with the diced prawns.
- Remove excess “sauce” from beancurd skin and stuff mixture into the pockets. You may have to cut and adjust the pocket height.
- Cut up watermelon and start plating your dish. Chill your appetizer and you’re ready impress your guests with this Inari Age Laughing Prawns Salad (嘻哈大笑虾沙拉)!
Chinese New Year Reunion Dinner 2013: