375g of skinless boneless Chicken
2 shallots, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
¾ cup of finely chopped shallots
1 tbsp of packed palm
¼ tsp of black pepper
2 tbsp of peanut or vegetable oil
1 tbsp of fish sauce
1 tbsp of soy sauce
2 tsp of vegetable oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
⅔ cup of chicken broth
½ - 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce
3 tbsp of smooth peanut butter
1 tsp of sweet chilli sauce
1 tsp of soy sauce
2 Thai chilli, thinly sliced
¼ cup of unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
12 8-inch bamboo skewers
- Cut the chicken into ½ inch wide strips & set aside.
- Combine the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the chicken strips & stir to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Skewer 3 to 4 pieces of chicken onto a bamboo skewer & set aside on a plate.
- Repeat process with remaining chicken strips.
- Grill chicken, turning it occasionally until it is cooked thoroughly, for about 5 minutes in total.
- Serve over grilled pineapple slices & with peanut sauce on the side.
- Place a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it becomes hot.
- Add the oil, swirling it to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the garlic & cook for approximately 10 seconds, stirring until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the broth, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, fish sauce, & chilli garlic sauce & bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low & simmer for 4 to 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Stir in the chilli & peanuts. Set aside.