1 Snapper, Halibut or other white fish fillet
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 tsp of minced ginger
2 tbsp of minced ham
1 small of hot green or red chilli
½ cup of chicken stock
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
½ cup of cooked crabmeat
2 ounces of baby shrimp, peeled
2 tsp of cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbsp of water
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tbsp of Chardonnay
2 tsp of soy sauce
½ tsp of sugar
½ tsp of salt
⅛ tsp of white pepper
1 tsp of sesame oil
- Peel & seed melon. Cut the flesh into 5cm x 1 cm sticks & set aside.
- Combine the seasoning ingredients together into a small bowl & set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil, swirling the wok to coat the sides.
- Add ginger, chilli & ham. Stir-fry for 10 seconds or till it becomes fragrant.
- Add melon & stock & bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover & reduce to medium heat.
- Simmer until the melon is cooked through & for about 8 minutes.
- Add crabmeat, shrimp & seasoning. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch solution & stir until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the work from the heat.
- Drizzle the egg white over the melon, gently stirring with chopsticks until long egg strands are formed.
http://www.asianfoodchannel.com/dbs/ for your registration now!
If Yan Can Cook, So Can You!