DBS Masterclass With Chef Julien Bompard At AFC Cooking Studio, attendees got to watch the Chef in action & as well as sample the special ‘Le Saint Julien’, a Duo of Custard & Pan-seared Foie Gras. So let's create your own traditional French cuisine to impress your guests!
Pan-seared Foie Gras
1 piece (450g) Duck/Goose Liver
Custard Foie Gras
200g Foie Gras (trimmings from pan-seared foie gras)
10ml sweet French wine
1 tsp Sugar
½ tsp Paprika
¼ tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of salt & pepper
- Cut the foie gras into slices of 1cm thickness.
- Cut each slice with a round cutter of diameter 3cm & refrigerate.
- Set aside trimming for the custard.
- Place a non-stick pan over strong flame.
- Season foie gras with white pepper & salt.
- Sear both sides for 30 secs.
- Remove from pan & place on top of custard later.
- Place raw foie gras into blender. Add salt, pepper, wine, cream & milk.
- Blend at moderate speed till a smooth consistency is attained.
- Add egg, process again at low speed.
- Pour mixture into a deep serving plate.
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Place the plate into a bain-marie tray & pour water to level below the plate rim.
- Bake for 10 mins & remove the plate.
- Sprinkle paprika, cinnamon & sugar over custard.
- Torch with a gas lighter & serve immediately.