*Remember this - ratio is 1:1.5. However, I would use 1:2 if I want a much softer texture, like when I'm making Chawanmushi. Using egg shells instead of cups to measure water is best since the sizes of eggs vary. Temperature control is important too. Using high heat will result in bubbles & eggs being too hard. So have fun trying out!
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Salted Egg
- 1 Century Egg
- 1 tsp Wolfberries
- ½ tsp Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- ½ tsp Sesame Oil
- 12 x half egg shells water (ratio 1:1.5)
- Olive oil for Glazing
- Soak Wolfberries in water till soft. Drain & set aside.
- Remove outer coatings from Salted & Century Eggs. Boil Salted Egg for about 10 mins. Remove shells from both eggs & dice into cubes.
- Beat eggs with water & seasoning. For a smooth texture, filter eggs.
- Lightly grease mold with oil & pour egg mixture into it.
- Steam egg for about 7 - 10 mins over low fire. Steaming time depends on the mold/plate that you choose. Use a toothpick to test if egg is cooked. Gently overturn mold onto serving plate & there goes your colourful & healthy egg dish!