Mum thought it would be a nice notion to replace real oranges with these DIY ones this year. Recipients would be able to appreciate and display these vibrant oranges in their homes. I was in full support of her superb idea and wanted to learn how to make these for my visiting too. If I can do it, you can too. I've included a tutorial for you, so let’s DIY our own Mandarin Oranges/Tangerines this CNY!
What you'll need:
2 Orange Nets
1.5” Green Tape
- Cut tape to 1.5” and wrap around the net to make the stem. (Use the side with the “hard” end). Press firmly to fix the tape to the stem and set aside.
- Cut the “hard” end of 2nd net and insert into hand.
- Remove net and insert 1st net through it. Straighten them with the stem sticking out. You should have 2 nets together now; 1 inside and 1 outside.
- Unfold the ends (the side without the stem), about 1”. Keep turning the net out, layer by layer and tightening it by pulling the other end until you get the desired shape. Continue until you reach the stem and you’re done.
- Next, insert leaves by piercing them through the net and you’ll get your striking fortune Tangerines.
Impressed with my mom’s work?
Check out Jewel Bag Made By An 81 Year-old Lady!
Chinese New Year Gift From Student.
Here's wishing all a Happy and Prosperous CNY, with love from Singapore!