Gryphon Tea sent me a variety of herbs to create some recipes, so here it is!
Pan-Seared Scallops in Lemon Myrtle Cream to cook this aromatic vegetable dish. Top it up with Conpoy or Dried Scallop (乾貝) & you'll get a beautiful dish fit for the royalty!
3 Egg whites
3 Conpoy (dried scallops)
2 slices of Ginger (shredded)
½ tsp Osmanthus
1 tsp Chinese wine
2 tsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil
½ tsp Oyster sauce
½ tsp Sesame oil
½ cup Water
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Cut up broccoli & wash thoroughly.
- Soak conpoy till soft & shred thinly using hands. Drain & deep-fry till golden brown. Set aside. Do not dispose water.
- Mix herbs & seasonings with egg-white & whisk well.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil & sautéed ginger till fragrant. Add broccoli, oyster sauce & stir-fry. Add water for soaking conpoy & simmer for about 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook veg or it’ll turn brown & soft. Transfer broccoli to serving plate & arrange neatly to form a circle.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil & add egg mixture. Scramble your egg as per normal. When cooked, scoop into the center of the broccoli.
- Sprinkle more Osmanthus for extra aroma & top it up with your crispy Conpoy.