Here's what you'll need:
1 cup Rice
300g Dried shrimps (hebe)
5 Chinese mushrooms
10 Dried fish (optional)
2 tsp Minced Garlic
½ tsp Oyster sauce
1 tbsp Cooking oil
Dash of Chinese wine
Seasonings for rice:
½ - 1 tsp Salt accordingly to personal preference
¼ tsp Dark soya sauce
1 tsp Light soya sauce
- Soak hebe & mushrooms in water till soft. Cut off mushroom stalks & dice. Marinade with oyster sauce & wine for about 10 mins.
- Scrap off seeds from pumpkin & remove skin. Rinse & cut into cubes.
- Heat oil. Stir-fry hebe till fragrant. Add mushrooms & garlic & fry for another minute. Set aside.
- Rinse rice & drain. Add water, rice, pumpkin & seasonings to steamer bowl & mix well.
- Stir in hebe & mushrooms. Steam rice mixture for about 25 mins. Alternatively, you can also use a rice cooker.
- Meanwhile, briefly soak fish to remove its saltiness. Drain & pat dry. Deep-fry till golden brown. Drain & set aside.
- You can almost smell the aromatic rice when ready. Transfer to serving plate, serve with crispy fish & a bowl of piping hot soup.
You may like to check out these nutritious soups to go along with this scrumptious Pumpkin Rice:
- Mom’s Spinach Soup With Anchovies
- Power of American Ginseng & Abalone
- Meatball in Dual Marrow Soup
- Chicken Tonic
- Vitamin Soup