(Makes 1 jug)
4 stalks of Lemongrass
2 sprigs Mint leaves
4 tbsp Sugar or Honey
1.5 lit Water
- Cut off both ends of lemongrass. Rinse & slice it diagonally, about 3” lengthwise & smash it.
- Boil water in pot & throw in lemon grass. Simmer for about 30 mins.
- Turn off fire. Add sugar/honey & mint. Cover the lid & let it infuse for about 5 mins and discard the ingredients.
- When tea is cooled, pour some tea into an ice-cube tray. Add 1 mint leaf in each cube. Freeze.
- Transfer the rest of the tea into a jug & refrigerate. Remove ice just before serving & pour the chilled tea into serving glass.
- When you use the tea instead of water to make ice cubes, your tea will not be diluted when serving. These ice cubes will also make the tea look pretty.
- Put on a face mask while the tea is simmering. Relax on a sofa with your eyes closed & inhale the lemongrass to relax you mind.