On the other hand, if you like these kitchen tips, forward & share these articles with your friends. Happy cooking & stay safe in the kitchen!
- If your milk always goes bad before you can finish it, try adding a pinch of salt to the carton when you first open it. It will stay fresh days longer.
- Water that has been boiled & allowed to cool will freeze faster than water from the tap. This comes in handy when you’re having a party & need ice pronto.
- Remove tea or coffee stains from your Fine China by mixing up a paste of baking soda, lemon juice & cream of tartar. Rub it over the stains & they will come off easily.
- If two drinking glasses become stuck together after stacking, it’s not impossible to unstick them. Just put ice in the inner glass & dunk the outer glass in warm water. The warm glass will expand & the cold glass will contract, making the glasses separate easily.
- For splinters under the fingernail, soaking the affected finger in a bowl of milk with a piece of bread in it is said to draw out the splinter.
- Did grandpa ever give you a drink of cola for an upset tummy? It turns out that this is actually a pretty effective remedy. The sugar & carbonation can soothe
many tummy problems - but it can also exacerbate others.
- Putting salty bacon on a boil is said to draw the poison out of boils.
- To help old wooden drawers (without runners) open & close smoothly, rub a candle on the tracks.
- A cotton ball soaked in white vinegar & applied to a fresh bruise will reduce the darkness of the bruise & help it disappear sooner.
- Drinking cranberry juice & eating blueberries regularly will help stave off urinary tract infections.
If you've missed any of the articles, you can click on the links below to learn more: