as DIY 好主意! Yipee!!
together with my Fluffy Beer Battered Prawns Recipe!
Since it was my 1st attempt, I bought some cheap chilli paste to experiment with in case I don’t succeed :)
Thai Heritage Sweet Chilli Sauce (S$1+), Holly Farms Sambal Tom Yam (S$3+). If you can’t find these brands, you can use any brand of sauces that is a little spicy & sweet + tom yam paste.
1 Sea bass or any other fish
2 tbsp Tom Yam paste
4 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
250g Lady’s fingers/Okras
1 slice of Pineapple
2 Lime leaves
1 tsp Cooking oil
4 small bowls of Water
- Remove scales & inards from fish if it's not done for you. Rinse & set aside.
- Slice off the top & end of Okras. Cut Okras into halves & Tomatoes into wedges. Slice Pineapple into cubes.
- Squeeze lime into chilli paste (tom yum + sweet sauce). Throw in the lime skin as well & mix well.
- Heat oil. Add paste & vegetables & stir-fry. Add water, cover & simmer for about 1 min.
- Add pineapples & water. Simmer for another minute. Put in fish & let it simmer for about 5-7 mins. Do not overcook or fish will not be tender.
- Insert toothpick into fish. Fish is cooked if toothpick pierces through easily. Dish out your seafood & place the serving plate on a warmer to retain its temperature. Drizzle the sauce over a plate of fragrant rice & enjoy. You'll never get enough of this Thai-style Seabass!