together with Mouth-watering Thai-style Seabass!
10-12 Medium Prawns
50g Self-raising flour
1 tbsp Corn flour
2 tsp Cooking oil
¼ tsp 5-spice powder or Paprika
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
½ can of Cold Beer
Oil for deep-frying
Corn flour for coating
Marinade for Prawns:
2 drops of Sesame oil
½ tsp Chinese Wine
Dash of Salt & Pepper
* You must've realized there're no pix instructions for this post. They were here initially but due to a maintenance performed by Bloggers, my pix were all wiped out. I've no back up, only these 2 pix left. So sorry!
- Remove prawn heads & keep for other uses. Dispose shells, leaving tail intact. Devein prawns by making a small slit just enough to remove veins.
- Make 2 slits at the back of prawns to prevent from curling during frying.
- Mix self-raising flour, 5-spice powder, salt & pepper. Set aside. Then mix the wet ingredients: eggs, oil & beer & whisk them. Add flour mixture slowly & whisk into batter.
- Heat oil. Ensure oil is hot enough for deep-frying by sticking your chopsticks into wok. Temperature is right when you see bubbles.
- Dust seafood with corn flour evenly.
- Then coat with batter. Lower prawns into wok & fry till golden brown.
- Refry prawns just before serving for that extra crispy touch! Enjoy your light & fluffy Prawn Fritters! Bon Appetit!