Anchovies are a good source of Calcium & are often used for making fish stock. The Anchovies makes this clear Spinach Soup a mouth-watering mommy's dish.
Here's what you need:
50g dried Anchovies
1 clove Garlic
1.5 lit Water
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Sesame oil
1 tbsp Cooking oil
Pepper to taste
- Lightly smash the peeled garlic to let out the flavour when frying.
- Heat oil & sautéed garlic till fragrant. Drain & throw the garlic into a pot of boiling water.
- Rinse anchovies. Using the oil from garlic, fry the anchovies till you can smell the aroma. Be careful not to burn it. Add into pot, together with the scented oil. Cover & simmer for 30 mins.
- Cut off spinach roots. Separate stalks & leaves, & rinse thoroughly to remove any sand residue. Add stalk to soup & continue to simmer for 20 mins.
- Finally, throw in the leaves & simmer for another 5 mins. Add seasonings & serve piping hot. * Don’t worry about the veg turning brown as it’s important for the stalk to be really soft so it melts in your mouth :)