Flirting With Food On Valentine’s Day, here’s my 1st course with Hearts On Fire “Bruschetta”.
The colour of the bruschetta didn’t turn out as good, as I was using Wholemeal bread. So I’d suggest using White bread if looks is your priority :) The darker toast is actually a “remake” of my Crispy Anchovy Garlic Toast, so I’m only posting the recipe for the Brushetta, using the most common basic ingredient - Tomato.
Ingredients for Brushetta:
3 slices of Bread
1 Tomato (big)
3 tbsp Mozarella Cheese
1 Japanese seaweed strip
8 Alphabet pastas (LOVE)
½ tsp Olive oil
1 tsp Vinegrette
1 tsp Parsley flakes
- Cook pasta according to instructions on packet & set aside.
- Using a heart-shaped mould, cut out shapes from bread. Do not dispose remaining bread. Use a smaller mould to carve out shapes for croutons to go with the Wild Mushroom Soup.
- Wash tomato & dice. Mix with seasonings & parsley. Spread on bread & top with cheese.
- Sent it to the griller & toast till golden brown.
- Cut seaweed to the size that you want & place it carefully on the bruchetta. Wet the sides so you can tuck them in neatly. Decorate with pasta letters & surprise your beloved one!
What about serving it with Wild Mushroom Soup with Heart-Shaped Croutons?
To make croutons, cut out shape using mould. Toast them lightly & spread butter. Quickly place the side with butter on a plate of parsley flakes & press to stick. Turn them over & place them on top of your soup. Enjoy!