1 can of Abalone
5 Flower mushrooms
1 pkt Spinach
1 tsp Garlic (minced)
3 slices of Ginger (shredded)
1 tsp Oyster sauce
1 tsp Chinese wine
½ tsp Sesame oil
2 tsp Cooking oil
1 tbsp Cornstarch
Pinch of salt
Marinade for Mushrooms:
½ tsp Oyster sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil
- Soak mushrooms till soft. Remove stem & marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Wash vegetables well & cut into edible lengths. Set aside.
- Boil unopened can of Abalone for 30 min – 2hrs in hot water. 30 min is sufficient but if you want the Abalone stock to be really rich & fragrant, leave it to boil for 2hrs if you've time. Cool before opening the can.
- Cut Abalone into slices & start placing them neatly in a bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp oil & sautéed ½ tsp garlic till fragrant. Add mushrooms & fry well. Dish up.
- Heat 1 tsp oil & sautéed ½ tsp garlic, then ginger till fragrant. Add spinach, salt & add 2 tbsp of Abalone stock. Fry well. Dish up some veg & put inside the bowl with Abalone slices. Press down hard & turn bowl upside down onto serving plate.
- Place 1 mushroom on top of Abalone & the rest on the sides of plates. Roll the balance spinach & put them between the mushrooms.
- Heat half the stock & add oyster sauce, sesame oil & wine. When boiling, add cornstarch & stir well. Drizzle the sauce over the dish & you’ll get a beautiful Abundance of Joy Abalone ( 金鲍满屋 )!
* I left some stock in the can for making another dish - Braised Shark’s Fin with Conpoy (鸿图大展鲍翅). Check it out!