For the vegetables, you can either use Cabbage or Chye Sim. My choice depends on my mood. This time, I’m using the green vegetable, Chye Sim. If you’re using cabbage, longer time is needed to stew the cabbage till soft.
150g Bee Hoon or 3 pieces
30g Mermaid Fish
1 can Pork Leg
1 can Pork Chop (small)
200g Chye Sim
1 Chilli (shredded)
1 tsp Garlic
½ tsp Oil
- Soak bee hoon till soft. Drain & set aside.
- Remove bones from pork & shred pork. Use your hands when removing the bones so you can feel. Keep sauce, mushroom & chestnuts.
- Heat oil & fry garlic till fragrant. Add ½ the sauce, bee hoon, then pork. Cover lid & simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Mix well. Add vegetables & remaining sauce. Cover & simmer for another 2 mins.
- Meanwhile, rinse fish lightly. Heat oil & fry fish till crispy. Do not fry on high heat or you’ll burn the fish. Serve the fish at the side of your delicious bee hoon or you can place them on top. Put chilli if you like it a little spicy.