There’re many varieties of Kailan & common preparations include stir-fried with ginger & garlic, boiled or steamed & served with oyster sauce.
2 Stalks of Kailan
2 slices of Ginger (shredded)
½ Chinese sausage
1 tbsp Oyster sauce
½ tsp Fish sauce
½ Sesame oil
1 tbsp Chinese wine
¼ cup of Chicken stock
2 tsp Cooking oil
Pepper to taste
- Cut off leaves & end of stalk. Using a vegetable peeler, remove outer skin. Rinse & cut diagonally into slices.
- Remove skin from sausage if you prefer & dice.
- Heat oil & fry sausage till fragrant. Drain & set aside.
- Using the remaining oil from sausage, lightly fry ginger, then add Kailan. Add oyster & fish sauce & mix-well.
- Pour in stock, cover & simmer for about 3mins. Add wine, sesame oil & pepper & you’re ready to serve your crunchy fragrant Kailan!