Birthday Seafood Galore. I 'm delighted that this recipe has been featured @ PtitChef as Main Dish of the Day!
1 kg Clams
500g Salmon bones
500g Medium Prawns
1 Large Squid
2 Onions (diced)
2 Celery Sticks (cut up)
2 Bay leaves
2 tsp Minced Garlic
1 cup White wine
5 Large tomatoes
680g Tomato paste
Flour for coating crabs
Salt & ground black pepper for taste
Parsley for garnish
- Click here to see preparation for clams.
- Remove shells & heads from prawns & keep them. Devein prawns & rinse. Place fish bones, shells, heads, celery, onions, garlic, bay leaves & wine in pot. Bring to boil & simmer for 30 mins.
- Remove fish. When cool, take out the meat to add to soup later, giving it an extra richness.
- Strain the rest of the cooked food & reserve stock.
- Put tomatoes in hot water for easy removal of the skin. You can see the skin coming off easily in no time.
- Heat stock. Dice tomatoes & add into stock with paste. Simmer for 20 mins.
- Clean & remove skin from squid. Cut squid into slices & criss-cross the underside. The pattern on the squid will show once it’s cooked.
- Rinse soft shell crabs & lightly pat them dry with paper towel. Cut into halves. Coat with flour & deep-fry crabs till crispy. Remove & set aside.
- Add clams into stock, followed by prawns. Simmer till clam shells open. Put in squid & lastly, fish. Turn off fire when squid is cooked. Discard unopened clams.
- Dish out pasta on serving plate. Scoop up your yummy seafood onto plate & top with soft shell crab. Garnish with parsley & serve.