A lot of us are familiar with mushrooms & their miraculous & magical powers. In addition to providing anti-oxidant value, the nutrients in these mushrooms also play a role in enhancing immunity & preventing diseases such as cancer.
Starter of the Day!
There're many different types & methods of making Mushroom Soup but I like mine done this way. Well, sit back & enjoy a cuppa Mushroom.
250g Portobello Mushrooms
250g Mixed Button Mushrooms
1 Medium onion (chopped)
1 Bay leaf
2 tsp Minced garlic
2 tbsp Plain flour
1 litre Vegetable stock
½ cup White wine
- Clean mushrooms & cut them into small pieces. Blend well.
- Heat pot & melt butter. Add garlic & onions & sautéed till fragrant.
- Add mushrooms & bay leaf & fry for about 3 mins over gentle flame.
- Add flour & stir in stock. (Adjust the amount of flour according to your preference of thickness). Simmer for 10 mins & stir in wine.
- Remove bay leaf before serving. Garnish with slice mushrooms & chopped parsley. What about transferring the soup into 6 coffee or tea cups instead of the usual soup bowls?
Try pairing the creamy soup with my Crispy Anchovy Garlic Toast!
I've made this tasty soup again on Valentine's Day, but this time, I'd added a heart-shaped crouton!
Check out my post @ Flirting With Food On Valentine’s Day to see my cooking on that day!