Interestingly, it's spicy, very spicy & terribly salty. They've added peppercorns, dried chilli & something I've never thought of adding in a vegetable dish - Sesame Seeds! These tiny seeds gave the beans an added crunch, making it an enjoyable treat for the family.
Well, I'm gonna show you how it's done. I've adjusted the amount of salt as the original dish is too salty. It's about as close as you can get. Here's what you'll need:
1 tsp Dried chillies
1 tsp Oyster sauce
1 tsp Fish sauce
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
1 tsp Cooking oil
2 tsp Minced garlic
Pinch of Peppercorns
Pinch of salt & pepper
1. Soak chillies & peppercorns in water.
2. Wash long beans & cut them in equal lengths.
3. Lightly rinse & cut off tip of mushrooms. Slice them thinly.
4. Drain chillies & peppercorns. Heat oil & fry them till fragrant. Add garlic.
5. Throw in long beans & add oyster sauce. Stir-fry @ high-heat for about 2mins, then put in mushrooms & rest of seasonings. The reason to cook it on high fire it's because you want the veg to be dry so the peppercorns will not stick to them. Else, you'll have a problem biting into these peppercorns & they're not very tasty.
6. When it's almost ready, stir in the sesame seeds & serve your crunchy veg dish.