Featured @ PtitChef!!
½ Pumpkin (about 1kg), peeled & cut
1 tbsp butter
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, peeled & cut
1 large potato, peeled & cut
2 cups chicken stock
½ bottle of Bulla cream
1 sprig of parsley, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4 Crab Claws
4 slices of ginger
- Heat pan on low heat. Melt butter & sauteed onion till tender.
- Steam potato, carrot & pumpkin till soft, about 30mins.
- Meanwhile, put the crab claws into a steamer top it up with ginger. Steam till claws turn orangey red. * No seasoning for crab is needed as we’re using fresh seafood here.
- When vegetables are ready, puree the mixture in a food mill or blender. Put mixture in a pot, add the chicken stock & simmer for 15 minutes. Add the cream & simmer for 5 more minutes, lowering the heat if necessary so it does not boil.
- Season, to taste with salt & pepper. Sprinkle parsley & add crab claw. Serve immediately.