This time, I’m gonna show you how to make this delicious dish with seafood & pork fillings using the Unicurd Tofu Puff that will titillate your taste buds.
Those days, we usually need to chop or blend the fish to make our own paste. But now, one can easily find Bobo Fish Paste conveniently packed in a container for the modern housewives.
The trick to make extra crispy Taupok is by turning over the skin before deep-frying. However, this will need some practice as the skin is very delicate & tend to tear easily. Do not be discouraged if this happens cause good food needs patience & skill.
100g fish paste
20g minced pork
1 big Shitake mushroom
2 Water Chestnuts (diced)
1 Egg (white)
2 tsp Oyster sauce
1 tsp Corn flour
1 tsp Chinese wine
1 tsp Sesame oil
1 Sprig of parsley
Cooking oil for deep-frying
Salt & pepper to taste
- Dice mushroom.
- Clean, devein & dice prawns. Mix all ingredients together except Taupok, chestnuts & parsley & marinade for about 15mins.
- Add diced chestnuts & chopped parsley. Mix well.
- Using a pair of scissors, open up 1 side of the Taupok, slowly working your way inside.
- After making a hole in the beancurd, gently turn the skin inside out. It’s tricky, you’ll need practice.
- When you’re done, stuff fillings until the brim.
- Heat oil & deep-fry on medium fire to ensure fillings are thoroughly cooked. Presto! An extra crunchy Taupok appetizer for your mealtime, potluck or even as snacks!
Are you fan of Taupok too? Have you tried this method of turning the tofu puffs inside out for a crunchier taste?