1 Sri Lankan Crab
6 slices of fish fillets
1 small cuttlefish
1 tube of Toufu
¼ can Carnation evaporated milk
3 slices of ginger
1 litre fish stock
1 tbsp flour
2 tsp of salt
1 tsp Butter
1 tsp Chinese wine
1 tsp of Sesame oil
Dash of pepper
- Clean, remove top shell & separate crab into parts. Pat dry & coat with thin layer of flour. Deep-fry till half-cooked to seal in juices & lightly toss it with butter.
- Using a large pot, heat fish stock & add ginger. Put into crab, close the lid & simmer for ½ hr. I’ve chosen female crab so the tasty roe will give the soup an added punch.
- Meanwhile, clean & slice cuttlefish. Make criss-cross sections on the underside of the cuttlefish using a knife. When cooked, the slices will curl to form a beautiful pattern.
- Cut fish into slices & lightly marinade them with salt, pepper & corn flour. By adding flour to fish, it’ll give the seafood a smooth texture.
- Add salt into the soup. Throw in the shellfish & when they’re almost opened, add in fish & cuttlefish. Stir in milk & put in vegetables & toufu. I’ve chosen spinach here but you can substitute with cabbage if you prefer a sweeter taste.
- Add wine, pepper & sesame oil & you’re ready to serve this pot of soup, bursting with rich flavours from the treasures of the sea! Lobster fans, if you prefer, substitute crab with lobster for a richer taste. Check out How To Prepare A Live Lobster! Bon Appetit!!