My brother's birthday is on Sep 12 & hubby's on the 30th. Following an early birthday celebration for them at Palm Beach Seafood, I made a simple Berry Crumbles dessert, with Spaghetti Vongole as the main for my hubby last nite. As he was working late returning home only at 9pm, it was just a simple 2-course meal at home.
I got some nice Oregon Blue Berries from Cold Storage to make this simple dessert & you can do it too.
Now, the secret weapon in making this zesty crumbles lies in the Lime Zest. You may’ve been hearing this word but what exactly is zest? Zest is the outermost portion of the peel of limes, lemons, oranges & other citrus fruits, but only the coloured portion. It’s often used to add flavour to different pastries & sweets.
Any One Can Cook: Series 30 of Taste of Pearl City as it is For beginners, With less ingredients & With minimum amount of time spent.
6 pieces of cookies
2 oz Blue berries
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp honey
½ bottle of Bulla thickened cream
- Use a Ziploc/plastic bag to crush the cookies so you won’t make a mess.
- Add butter & mix well. Spoon cookies into glasses & set aside.
- Add zest to Bulla Cream & stir well. Squeeze in lime juice & mix well.
- Add cream to cookies & top up with the blue berries.
- Repeat the step for double layer & spoon honey for an added twist. Refrigerate & serve chilled.