Besides having lots of vitamins in this vegetarian dish, you’ll also get medicinal benefits from:
- Wolfberry (枸杞子) - commonly consumed to promote good eyesight.
- Ginkgo Nuts (銀杏) - known to relieve persistent cough & wheezing.
- Wood-ear Mushroom/Black Fungus (黑木耳) - particularly aids in nourishing the lungs, stomach, liver & rich in iron content.
Specialty Produce featuring this recipe under their Mushroom Abalone/Wood Ear products, Recipe Ideas!
Seasonal assorted vegetables - Mixture of Carrots, Abalone mushrooms, Broccoli, Snow peas
Mixture of Chinese herbs - Black fungus, Wolfberries, ready-cooked Ginkgo nuts
2 slices of ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp of "Oyster" vegetarian sauce
½ tsp Chinese wine
1 tsp cooking oil
1 tsp sesame oil
5 tbsp vegetable stock (chicken for non-vegetarians)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Soak fungus till soft & remove base. Soak wolfberries briefly.
- Heat oil & stir in garlic & ginger. Add in broccoli, carrots & fungus & stir-fry.
- Lastly, add in the rest of the vegetables & herbs. Stir in sauce, stock & fry till fragrant. Add wine, seasame oil, salt & pepper & serve.
If u like meat, try this rich & tasty recipe: Fungus Chicken with Ginkgo Nuts. Do you like cooking with Chinese herbs too? Share with us your favourite herbs here.